Give your oven the night off and whip up a couple of keto chocolate chip cookies in the air fryer!
- 1/2 tablespoon Butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Creamy Almond Butter
- 1 large Egg Yolk
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Erythritol
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon Almond Flour
- 1/8 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- Keto Chocolate Chips, about 2 tablespoons or more!
Watch the video in the blog post for a quick demonstration and read through the tips!
- Grab a small piece of parchment or two cupcake liners. Use a toothpick to poke holes in the paper to allow air circulation!
- Stir your almond butter VERY well to make sure the oils are mixed evenly. Mix the softened butter, almond butter, egg yolk, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add the sweetener and mix, followed by the almond flour, baking soda, xanthan gum, and a pinch of salt. Mix well and really knead the dough together with a spatula to allow the xanthan gum to absorb the moisture. *Skipping this affects the cookie texture!
- Fold in the chocolate chips, then divide the dough into two balls.
- Place the dough on the parchment or paper liners and put in the air fryer. Flatten the top only slightly, then set the dial to 4 minutes at 350°F. Check at 3 minutes for browning.
- The cookies WILL NOT SPREAD. After 3-4 minutes, remove the cookies from the air fryer basket and use a spoon to flatten each cookie. They should be lightly browning.
- Next, press 3 chocolate chips into the top of each cookie and return to the air fryer for an additional 2-4 minutes. *Watch them closely as air fryer models differ and may cook faster/slower.*
- Let cool for a few minutes (if you can lol), then gently flip the cookies over onto more parchment and press a couple more chocolate chips into the top of each cookie. Bake the underside for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Let cool before enjoying! They will be very gooey at first, which is my favorite, but firm up as they cool!!
1 cookieAmount Per Serving Calories: 184 Total Fat: 16g Carbohydrates: 8g NetCarbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 4g Protein: 8g