My Air fryer Greek chicken souvlaki recipe is easy to make, flavorful and fits right into most diets.
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
CALORIES: 203 kcal
- 2 lbs Boneless skinless Chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 Tbsp Mediterranean style Oregano
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 3 teaspoons Garlic powder or 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon White pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon juice
Prepare souvlaki marinade
Mix salt, spices, herbs, oil and lemon juice in a bowl and set aside
Wash and pat chicken dry with a clean paper towel.
Cut chicken thighs into 2 inch bite sized pieces.
Combine the chicken bites with the marinade till well coated. Set aside in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 mins.
While the chicken is marinating soak the bamboo skewers in water to keep it from burning during cooking.
When ready to bake, thread the chicken pieces on the skewers till all the meat has been threaded.
Place chicken skewers in a parchment paper lined air fryer basket. Mine takes 4 at a time.
Bake at 400°F / 204°C for 15 mins flipping half way through cooking time. Internal temperature should be at least 165°F / 74°C
Let it rest for 2 minutes then bake the next batch.
Serve with your favorites fixings
- This recipe makes 8-10 souvlaki chicken skewers.
- If you can’t have Mediterranean oregano you can substitute with Italian oregano.
- If you are in a hurry you let chicken rest for 10 mins on the counter after mixing with marinade.
Serving: 1Chicken souvlaki Calories: 203kcal Carbohydrates: 1.2g Protein: 26.5g Fat: 9.6g Saturated Fat: 2.3g Cholesterol: 81mg Sodium: 370mg Potassium: 250mg Fiber: 0.4g Sugar: 0.4g Calcium: 23mg Iron: 1mg