Looking for Keto Mexican Recipes? These Chicken Chimichangas are the perfect low carb, gluten-free option!
Prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 15 MINUTES
These delicious Chicken Chimichangas have a smooth, hearty filling and a perfectly crispy shell! Keto-friendly chimichangas can be cooked in a skillet, in the oven, or in an Air Fryer for maximum flexibility!PRINTNo Ratings
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chiles
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 large tortillas (regular, gluten free or low carb)
- Avocado oil for frying
- Simply combine the filling ingredients and stir well. Make sure the cream cheese spreads easily, and there are no clumps.
- Add the filling to the center of a large tortilla and fold the ends toward the filling and roll the edges in (this is how you would roll a burrito. Place the chimichanga seam side down.
Heat a skillet over medium heat, add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Place the chimichanga seam side down and cook 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Then turn and cook all sides until golden and crisp.
Place chimichangas seam-side down on a greased baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and brush or spray well with avocado or olive oil. Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F for 3 minutes. Brush or spray all sides of the chimichanga with oil and place seam side down in the air fryer. Cook 4 minutes, then flip. If your seam is trying to open, use a toothpick to secure or let it cook an additional minute seam side down. Cook an additional 4-5 minutes until it has browned to your liking.
1 (recipe calculated using Mission Carb Balance Tortilla)
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 342 TOTAL FAT: 22g CHOLESTEROL: 93mg SODIUM: 688mg CARBOHYDRATES: 21.9g NET CARBOHYDRATES: 6.6g FIBER: 15.3g SUGAR: 1.3g PROTEIN: 26.6g