Crock Pot Rice Pudding is super flavorful with sweetened tender rice and lightly flavored with delicious brown sugar and cinnamon!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups whole or 2% milk (no skim milk – it’s too watery)
- 2 cups Minute® White Rice, uncooked
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- Grease the inside of a 4-quart slow cooker with butter. Be sure to get the sides too. Set aside the remaining butter for use again in just a minute.
- Add the milk, Minute Rice, sugar, salt, cinnamon, vanilla extract and brown sugar into the crock pot. Give it a gentle stir.
- Then dot the top with the remaining butter.
- Cover and cook on low for about 3-4 hours (stirring occasionally while cooking.)
- When the rice is tender, it is ready.
- Stir well, then top with a sprinkling of cinnamon.
- You can use a round, oval or casserole-shaped slow cooker. Cooking times may vary slightly when using different shaped slow cookers.
- This dish will thicken as it cools. If it isn’t thick enough for your tastes, just let it hang out for about 30 minutes and it will get thicker. Alternatively, if you want to thin it, just add a bit of milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- This dish is traditionally made with raisins added. If you want to add them, stir about a cup of raisins in during the last hour of cooking. Also, to change it up a bit, you could used dried cranberries as well.
Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 192mg | Potassium: 247mg | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 430IU | Calcium: 217mg | Iron: 1.4mg