- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 to 10 slices mozzarella cheese
- 5 to 6 grape tomatoes; sliced in half
- Fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut slits across the chicken breast about ¾ of the way through being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Depending on the size of your chicken breast, you’re going to want around 6 to 8 slits per chicken breast.
- Stuff each slit with a slice of mozzarella cheese, half a grape tomato and a basil leaf.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish that has been coated with non-stick baking spray.
- Brush each chicken breast with olive oil.
- Sprinkle each chicken breast with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 160 degrees.
You can also drizzle a little balsamic vinegar on top of the cooked chicken right before serving
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 670 Total Fat: 41g Saturated Fat: 21g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 214mg Sodium: 1127mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 69g