The recipe below is for one serving, but you can just as easily double, triple, and quadruple as needed in order to feed more than one mouth at your table. Picky eaters not going for the Palmini noodles? No problem! The sauce recipe goes great over regular pasta, too!
- 1 can of Palmini Pasta
- 3 – 4 oz.* ground turkey breast, cooked
- 1/2 – 3/4 oz.* Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 8 oz total: chopped tomato, tomato sauce, and veggies of your choice
- 1/8 tsp each: garlic powder, onion powder, salt, oregano, basil OR 3/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Montreal Steak seasoning
- Garnish (optional): fresh basil
*MRC Clients: refer to your menu for accurate protein portion sizes. Clients following the “More – Level 1” menu will use 4 oz. protein. Clients following the regular “More” menu will use only 3 oz.
- In a large pot over medium heat, brown the ground turkey until cooked through.
- Add the ingredients for your 8 oz. of “sauce” (chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, and/or veggies) and the spices to the pan with the cooked meat and let simmer for at least 20 minutes (the longer you simmer, the more the flavors will develop). Stir occasionally.
- While the meat sauce is simmering, prepare the Palmini by soaking it in almond milk for 20 minutes or running under water for 5 minutes (this will help to neutralize the natural flavors) and rinse thoroughly.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the Palmini, and boil for 5-10 minutes. Less cooking time will result in a more al dente noodle and more cooking time will result in a softer noodle. Cook to your preference.
- Drain the cooked Palmini and pat it dry to remove the excess water.
- Add the Palmini to the sauce, cover, and let simmer on low for another 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
Makes 1 Serving | Serving Size: entire recipe | One Serving Replaces: 1 protein, 1 carbohydrate, 1 vegetable