Grab a large pot and make some of this delicious soup, it has pillowy soft potato gnocchi, tender chicken, carrots, and more.
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 28 ounces chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup carrots finely shredded
- 1 cup spinach leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chicken breast cooked, and diced
- 16 ounces package ready-to-use gnocchi
Melt the butter and olive oil in a large pot or a Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add the chopped onion, celery, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally until the onion becomes translucent.
Whisk in the flour and cook for about 1 minute. Whisk in the half-and-half. Simmer until thickened.
Whisk in the chicken broth. Simmer until thickened again. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, thyme, parsley, nutmeg (if using), shredded carrots, spinach, chicken, and gnocchi.
Simmer until the soup is heated through. Before serving, season with additional salt, if necessary.
- You can use leftover roitisserie chicken for extra flavor
- You may want to use less thyme than suggested
- Some gnocchi is very large, you can cut these pieces in half
- You may want to add additional salt to the final soup, this soup does not have a lot of salt in it, especially if you use low-sodium chicken broth
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 695mg | Potassium: 420mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3645IU | Vitamin C: 11.9mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 2.8mg