Makes 6 servings
1 2/3 Green
1 1/2 Cup cauliflower rice
15 ounces cooked 85-94% lean ground beef
1 1/2 Cup Rao’s marinara sauce
1/2 Cup sour cream
1 1/2 Cup 1% cottage cheese
2 Cups reduced fat shredded cheese
1/2 Cup green onion
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a 2.5-quart baking dish. Microwave 4-5 minutes or until tender but not mushy.
- After cooking, set aside (leave in the casserole dish).
- In a large skillet or pot, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until browned, 7-10 minutes.
- Drain and stir in the tomato sauce, salt, and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the cottage cheese and sour cream. Mix in the sliced green onions.
- Pour the sour cream mixture into the cauliflower rice (that’s in the casserole dish) and mix well.
- Pour half of the beef mixture over the cauliflower rice mixture.
- Spread with the back of a spoon to even. Top with 1 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining beef mixture and cheese, ending with the cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.