Air Fryer Blueberry Biscuits, is there a better breakfast? I don’t t think so.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons vegetable shortening (or butter)
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (Washed & Dried)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2–4 tablespoons milk
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and ground cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Use your mixer to blend in the shortening.
- Slowly pour in your buttermilk, and mix well. Once the dough starts forming a ball, stop mixing.
- Fold in the blueberries. I used my hands to get everything well blended.
- Flour the work surface and rolling pin and roll out the dough.
- Use a 2 3/4 inch biscuit cutter to cut out the biscuits.
- Then place the formed biscuits in a greased air fryer for 6-9 minutes at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Let cool slightly before drizzling the icing over the biscuits.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
To make the icing, you will need 1 cup of powdered sugar and 2-4 tablespoons of milk. Mix until well blended.
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 279 TOTAL FAT: 8g SATURATED FAT: 3g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 4g CHOLESTEROL: 8mg SODIUM: 440mg CARBOHYDRATES: 47g FIBER: 1g SUGAR: 19g PROTEIN: 5g