Air Fryer Crispy Crab Rangoon is a quick and easy healthy air-fried recipe using wonton wrappers, reduced-fat cream cheese, and jumbo lump crab meat. This crab rangoon is crunchy and filled with flavor.
- 4 or 6 oz cream cheese, softened If you prefer really creamy crab rangoon use 6 oz
- 4 or 6 oz lump crab meat If you prefer your crab rangoon to have more cream cheese and less crab, use 4 oz. Seafood lovers may want to go for 6 oz
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 21 wonton wrappers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil I use olive oil.
You can soften your cream cheese by heating it in the microwave for 20 seconds.
Combine the cream cheese, green onions, crab meat, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic in a small bowl. Stir to mix well.
Lay out the wonton wrappers on a working surface. I used a large, bamboo cutting board. Moisten each of the wrappers with water. I use a cooking brush, and brush it along all of the edges.
Load about a teaspoon and a half of filling onto each wrapper. Be careful not to overfill.
Fold each wrapper diagonally across to form a triangle. From there bring up the two opposite corners toward each other. Don’t close the wrapper yet. Bring up the other two opposite sides, pushing out any air. Squeeze each of the edges together. Be sure to check out the recipe video above for illustration.
Spritz the air fryer basket with cooking oil.
Load the crab rangoon into the air fryer basket. Do not stack or overfill. Cook in batches if needed.
Spritz with oil.
Place the Air Fryer on 370 degrees. Cook for 10 minutes.
Open and flip the crab rangoon. Cook for an additional 2-5 minutes until they have reached your desired level of golden brown and crisp.
Remove the crab rangoon from the air fryer and serve with your desired dipping sauce.
- Your cook time may vary depending on the Air Fryer brand that you use. I recommend a temperature of at least 370 degrees. You should cook the crab rangoon until they have reached your desired level of crunchiness. Check in on them while they air fry to be sure the crab rangoon does not overcook.
- I have made this recipe and have stacked in all of the crab rangoon and I have made it in two batches. I believe making it in batches works best. If you stack them, you may have a few that are really soft to touch and break apart when you go to flip them over.
- All wrappers aren’t equal. You may have to try a couple of different brands before you land on your favorite. Some rip and tear pretty easily, which means you will have to double wrap them if needed. Keep this in mind.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 3g