PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 8 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 23 minutes
- 8 Mozzarella string cheese sticks
- ½ cup Almond flour
- 2 ½ oz Pork rinds, crushed into crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Parsley flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the almond flour, garlic powder, parsley flakes as well as salt and pepper to taste into a shallow bowl or plate and mix together well.
- Add the beaten egg to a bowl.
- Place the crushed pork rind crumbs into another shallow bowl or plate.
- Cut the mozzarella string cheese sticks in half across the middle forming a total of 16 cheese sticks.
- Roll the cheese sticks into the almond flour mixture, then dip into the egg before finally dredging in the pork rind crumbs.
- Place the breaded cheese sticks onto a parchment lined tray, and place into the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours and up to overnight. The more frozen the cheese sticks are, the easier it will be to air fry them without them melting too quickly.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees if needed.
- Place the frozen cheese sticks into the air fryer, and cook for 6-8 minutes until browned and softened, but not completely melted.
1 Mozzarella Cheese Stick
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 90 TOTAL FAT: 6.7g CARBOHYDRATES: 0.6g NET CARBOHYDRATES: 0.2g FIBER: 0.4g PROTEIN: 7.4g