Have you ever made a dessert in your air fryer? Try this easy holiday inspired keto Pavlova!
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar or 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup powdered Allulose (40 g/ 1.4 oz)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (240 ml/ 8 fl oz)
- 1 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp powdered Allulose or low-carb sweetener of choice (20 g/ 0.7 oz)
- 1 cup fresh berries of choice – strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and/or blueberries (140 g/ 5 oz)
- Crack the eggs and separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Place the egg whites into a large clean bowl or a mixer.
- Start beating the egg whites on medium-low speed. Continue for about 2 minutes until the whites become foamy. Then, add the cream of tartar (or apple cider vinegar).
- Add the sweetener, a tablespoon at a time. Keep beating until they reach a stiff-peak and glossy stage.
- Place a piece of parchment paper inside your air fryer (round cake parchment works best). Spoon the mixture on top to create a round meringue, leaving at least 2.5 cm (1 inch) gap from the sides.
- Using a spoon or spatula, create a nest in the middle, building up the sides of the meringue so that it can hold the whipped cream and berries once it’s baked.
- Turn the air fryer to 120 °C/ 250 °F and cook for 40 minutes, checking once or twice.
- Once cooked, remove from the air fryer and let it cool down completely before removing from the air fryer and adding the topping.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream with 2 tablespoons of Allulose and vanilla.
- To assemble, top the cooled meringue with whipped cream and fresh berries. You can also add some fresh mint.
- Slice to serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to a day. Pavlova is always best to be assembled right before serving. You can keep the baked meringue in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutritional values (per serving, quarter)
Net carbs 4.7 grams
Protein 3.3 grams
Fat 23 grams
Calories 250 kcal