Air Fryer hot dogs are a new amazing way to cook hot dogs quickly and easily.
- Hot dogs. It doesn’s matter if you cook two, four or six dogs; time and temp will be the same. Use your favorite brand. I love Costco beef hot dogs. I feel that they seem to have lower sodium content.
- Hot dog buns. I toast my buns for a couple of minutes.
- Toppings of choice
- Preheat your air fryer to 390°F/195°C for 3 minutes (air fry/air crisp setting)
- Place your hot dogs in the air fryer.
3. Pro tip: For the best results, start by pricking the hot dogs a few times with a fork. This will help them cook evenly and prevent them from splitting.
4. Cook for 3 minutes per side
5. Gently remove hot dogs from the air fryer using a fork and place them in the prepared hot dog bun. I love my buns toasted
Hot to make air fryer hot dogs with the toasted bun
But what about the buns? Toasting them in the air fryer is simple and only takes a minute or two. First, preheat the air fryer to 390F/195C for 3 minutes (air fry/air crisp setting).
Place your hot dogs in the air fryer
Cook 2 minutes per side
While the dogs are cooking add a pat of butter to each bun. Or spread mayo. (Picture 1). Adding butter or mayo to the buns is optional. However, it does give the buns a crispy outer layer.
After 4 minutes, place the buns in the air fryer and toast for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. You can toast the buns at the same temperature along with the hot dogs remaining time or you can put the hot dog inside the bun and cook for the remaining time.