This Easy Egg Salad is one of our favorite recipes to make with leftover hard boil eggs that we have after the Easter Holiday.
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 2 Tbsp light Kraft mayo
- 1/3 cup non fat plain or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dill weed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Place eggs into a large pot and add water to cover eggs. Heat over medium heat and bring water to a raging boil.
- Add 1 teaspoon of distilled white vinegar and 1/2 tsp of salt to the water helps prevent cracking as well as making the eggs easier to peel.
- Turn off the heat, gently put the eggs into boiling water, keep the pan on the hot burner, cover, and let sit for 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place eggs into a large bowl of ice cold water. (The ice water makes them easy to peel. )
- Add additional ice cubes to the water as it starts to get warmer. Continue until the eggs have cooled.
- Pat the eggs dry with a paper towel. Peel eggs.
- Dice peeled eggs into small bite size pieces and place into a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl combine the rest of the ingredients. Whisk until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Fold in the mayo/yogurt mixture with the egg pieces. Add optional ingredients if desired.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve this on top of toast, inside a low point tortilla, pita or by itself.
Makes 5 (1/3 cup) servings
0 Points® per serving