These gluten free and keto cheesecake brownies are the best of both worlds! An incredibly fudgy low carb brownie is paired with tangy swirls of creamy cheesecake. The best part? Just 1.5g net carbs!
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 20 mins
TOTAL TIME: 35 mins
SERVINGS: 16 brownies
CALORIES: 155 kcal
For cheesecake layer
- 227 g cream cheese softened
- 50-70 g allulose xylitol or erythritol (I do 1/4 cup)*
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For keto brownie layer
- 1 batch (suuuper fudgy!) keto brownies
- Position a rack in the lower third of your oven and preheat to 350°F/180°C. Line with parchment paper the bottom and sides of a 8×8-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Make the cheesecake layer first. Add cream cheese and sweetener to a bowl and cream using an electric mixer (faster and easier) or whisk until creamy and smooth. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract until fully combined. Set aside.
- Whip up a batch of our (suuuper fudgy!) keto brownies. Please note that your batter with xylitol and allulose will be thinner than with erythritrol (where you can add an extra egg or a couple tablespoons of almond milk to loosen up a bit for cleaner swirls!- see brownie post for more deets).
- Pour 2/3 of the mixture into prepared pan, followed by the cheesecake layer. Add the remaining brownie batter in 4 dollops (see pictures in post for reference), and swirl the two batters together using a knife.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes (we do 23), or until the center is just set and still jiggly. This really does vary (a lot!!) from oven to oven (think convection etc), so give them a check from minute 15 the first time around.
- Allow to cool completely on a rack. Lift brownies using the edges of the parchment paper and cut into desired size (we do 16!). To get extra clean edges, place in the freezer for 10 minutes prior to cutting.
- Store in the fridge for 3 days and freeze for up to 3 months (they freeze great!).
*The lower quantities are for more keto-adapted palates, while the larger ones will get you more ‘traditional’ sweetness. Please see section on sweeteners for deets and possible substitutions. Just keep in mind that stevia doesn’t work (at all!) for these!
**If measuring the cocoa with tablespoons rather than grams, be mindful of how you scoop as you can end up with a lot more cocoa powder than needed. Drop the cocoa powder into the tablespoon and level it, rather than scooping it out of the bag with the tablespoon (which can lead to overpacked tablespoons!).
***Must use eggs at room temp. Reason being that if you add cold eggs, you’ll solidify the batter and won’t be able to mix the flours properly.
Please note that we always subtract sugar alcohols from total carbs to calculate net carbs (as is customary).
Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.5g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7.5g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 188mg | Potassium: 107mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 0.7g | Vitamin A: 437IU | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg