Keto Skillet Lasagna is a hearty and delicious low-carb dinner recipe loaded with the traditional Italian flavors. All the goodness of the classic meal comes together in just 30 minutes, without the carb heavy pasta!
Prep time: 10 MINUTES
Cook time: 17 MINUTES
Total time: 27 MINUTES
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. 85% lean ground beef
- ¼ c. diced celery
- ¼ c. diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ c. low-sugar marinara sauce
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 8 oz. ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- For the meat layer: Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the ground beef, celery, onion, and garlic. Cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the marinara sauce, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, while you make the cheese layer.
- In a large bowl, stir together the ricotta, half of the mozzarella, the Parmesan, eggs, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, garlic power, and pepper. Spread the cheese mixture over the top of the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and cook on medium-low heat until the cheese is hot and cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes.Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Broil lasagna until top is browned, 2 to 3 minutes.Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
YIELD: 4 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: | CALORIES: 520 | TOTAL FAT: 36g | CARBOHYDRATES: 7g | NET CARBOHYDRATES: 7g | FIBER: 0g | SUGAR: 1g | PROTEIN: 41g |