A Keto Quiche recipe that can be made with a crust, or totally crustless! This quiche is perfect for the keto diet because it’s low carb, high in fat, and will keep you full for hours. Plus, the delicious combination of bacon and spinach is so good, and will have you making it again, and again!
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 Slices
For the crust:
- 1 ½ Cups (168g) blanched almond flour
- 1/3 Cup (40g) coconut flour
- 1 Large egg, whisked
- 1 Stick (112g) butter melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the filling:
- 6 Slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 8 Ounces (226g) spinach (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup (118mL) heavy cream
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 Cup (112g) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 Teaspoon salt
- 1/6 Teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- In a large bowl mix together almond almond and coconut flour with salt. Add whisked egg and melted butter.
- Knead the dough into a ball and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Press the dough into a 9-inch pie dish using your hands.
- Par-bake the crust.
- Line the dough with parchment paper and fill the plate with dry beans or pie weights.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- While the crust is baking prepare the filling.
- In a skillet cook the bacon over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 4-5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Saute chopped onions for 2 minutes in the same skillet using remaining fat from the bacon.
- Add spinach – make sure its strained of excess liquid if using frozen – and sauté until it wilts and the juices have evaporated.
- Transfer the spinach-onion mixture to the mixing bowl and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes mix in previously browned bacon, heavy cream, salt, pepper, cheddar cheese and eggs.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake quiche for 40-45 minutes at 375°F, until top is golden brown and center is set.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes or so.
- Slice into 8 slices
For a crustless quiche us an 8×8 pan instead of a 9″ one.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 520
- Fat: 45
- Carbohydrates: 8.5
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 18