This One-Pan Keto Pollo con Queso is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner! This low-carb kid-friendly keto recipe is ready in 20 minutes and is simple to meal prep!
PREP TIME2 minutes
COOK TIME15 minutes
TOTAL TIME17 minutes
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chiles
- 1/4 cup heavy cream + more for thinning if needed.
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup white American Cheese
- Combine all of the spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet to medium heat.
- Add the cubed chicken to the hot skillet and sprinkle with the spices. Toss to coat the chicken evenly on all sides. Brown the chicken 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the green chiles, cream cheese, heavy cream, add the shredded cheese in small increments (about 1/2 cup at a time). Continuously stir the queso as the cheese melts until all the cheese has been used. Add additional heavy cream or milk until it reaches your preferred consistency.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and toss in the queso. Serve immediately.
1 1/4 cup chicken with cheese sauce
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 438TOTAL FAT: 13.1g CHOLESTEROL: 147mg SODIUM: 890mg CARBOHYDRATES: 3.2g NET CARBOHYDRATES: 2.8g FIBER: 0.4g SUGAR: 2g PROTEIN: 41g