Slow cooker banana bread is both tasty and easy to make. Prepare the mixture and then let the slow cooker work it’s magic!
- 200g strong White Flour, (you can also use plain flour)
- 2tsp baking powder
- 2tsp cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Lightly grease a loaf tin (make sure it can fit in your slow cooker)
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, cinnamon and baking powder and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until smooth.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until they are smooth and lump free (you must use ripe bananas).
- Add the bananas in with the beaten egg and stir until mixed in.
- Add in the oil, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the bowl containing the flour etc. Slowly pour in the egg mixture, stirring gently until all the ingredients are blended together. Do not mix too much, just until it is smooth.
- Add the mixture to your greased loaf tin. Place the tin into your slow cooker. I like to put a tea towel under the lid to stop any condensation dripping back down onto the bread and making it soggy.
- Cook on high for 2 to 3 hours. When it is ready you should be able to insert a skewer into the centre and it come out clean.
- Allow to cool for a bit before removing from the tin and then transfer to a wire rack to cool some more.
You can use either a round baking tin or a loaf shape one – whichever fits the best in your slow cooker.
YIELD: 8 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 325 TOTAL FAT: 13g SATURATED FAT: 1g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 11g CHOLESTEROL: 47mg SODIUM: 146mg CARBOHYDRATES: 49g FIBER: 2g SUGAR: 24g PROTEIN: 5g