Lasagna just got so much easier with this Slow Cooker Lasagna! Layer everything in the crockpot–even UN-COOKED noodles!
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage (I use hot)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion , chopped*
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauces
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 29 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles , uncooked
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
In a large skillet over medium heat brown the ground beef, Italian sausage and onion.
Add salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, tomato sauce, sugar, and water. Stir and simmer 15-20 minutes. (You could make the sauce in advance!)
Spread a fourth of the meat sauce into the bottom of your slow cooker. Arrange a third of the noodles over the sauce (break the noodles to fit, if necessary).
Combine the mozzarella, cottage cheese and parmesan cheese; spoon a third of the mixture over noodles. Repeat layers twice.
Top with remaining meat sauce and sprinkle with extra mozzarella cheese, if desired.
Cover and cook on low for about 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender.
Serve with Homemade Olive Garden Breadsticks or a salad.
*You could substitute 1-2 Tbsp dried minced onion
UPDATE: 3/8/16: After comments that the lasagna was a little too runny I reduced the water to 1 1/4 cups in the recipe!
Calories: 662kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 2304mg | Potassium: 1071mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1540IU | Vitamin C: 17.9mg | Calcium: 501mg | Iron: 4.3mg