These easy Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies have a gooey apple pie filling and flaky crust.
Servings: 6 hand pies
- 14.1 ounce refrigerated package pie crust (2 crusts) or double my homemade pie crust recipe!
- 1/2 can (21 ounce) apple pie filling (or double the recipe and use the entire can. Or use my recipe for homemade apple pie filling.)
- 1 large egg
- 3 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- Caramel sauce for dipping, optional (<< that link is to my homemade recipe)
Remove pie crusts from packaging and allow to come to room temperature, per package instructions.
Cut the pie crusts into 5-inch circles using a cookie cutter.
Place two slices of apples from the apple pie filling onto the pie crusts on the bottom half of the crust. With a little water on the tip of your finger, moisten the outside edges of the pie crust. Fold dough over filling to form half-moons; pinch the edges of the crust together, then crimp edges with a fork to seal.
In a small bowl, whisk together the egg with a splash of water. Brush the pies with the egg wash all over the tops.
Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of the coarse sugar over each pie.
Make three slits in the crust on the top of the pies.
Preheat the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
Place 2 pies in the basket at a time and air fry for about 10 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling. Carefully remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining pies. (If your air fryer basket is large, you can cook more than 2 at a time as long as they are not touching at all.)
Serve with caramel sauce for dipping!
- For recipes tips, variations, storage, and information about baking these in the oven, please refer to the full article.
- This hand pie recipe was made using this Phillips model Air Fryer with a basket and requires preheating. If you own a different model air fryer (such as Ninja, NuWave, Dash, etc.), I would suggest doing a test run with just a single hand pie and then adjust the time/temp, if necessary. Air fryers are all similar, but just like ovens, cooking times can vary. My air fryer is also small. If yours is bigger than 3 quart, you can cook more than 2 hand pies at a time, as long as they’re not touching at all.
Calories: 376kcal · Carbohydrates: 48g · Protein: 5g · Fat: 18g · Saturated Fat: 6g · Cholesterol: 31mg · Sodium: 309mg · Potassium: 100mg · Fiber: 2g · Sugar: 9g · Vitamin A: 57IU · Vitamin C: 1mg · Calcium: 19mg · Iron: 2mg