These quick candied pecans are delicious and made with just simple ingredients.
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups pecan halves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper or foi.
- In a medium bowl toss brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, maple syrup, water, pecan, and salt until well coated.
- Pour the mixture inside the air fryer basket and air fry to 330ºF for 8 minutes and shake the basket halfway through. Cook the nuts until shiny and fragrant.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat and spread the air fried nut in an even layer. Let it cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. .
- For additional flavors or other spice ideas, you can add ½ teaspoon of dry mustard and even ¼ teaspoon of ground cardamom.
- Make sure the nuts have plenty of time to cool so they can harden.
- For a little bit of spice, add cayenne pepper to the candied pecans mixture.
- To make these nuts ahead of time, simply combine all of the ingredients in a bowl (except the pecans) and refrigerate until ready to use.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 419| Total Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Unsaturated Fat: 32g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 136mg | Carbohydrates: 23g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 16g| Protein: 5g |