This is a fun take on your favorite pizza, in pasta form. Your kids will love this Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Bake.
- 1 large onion, peeled, cut in half, sliced in half-moon shapes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, as desired
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Ground black pepper, as desired
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 large cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) peeled tomatoes
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 pepperoni sausage (about 8 inches), cut in small pieces
- 1 box (16 ounces) dry rigatoni pasta
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) thin-sliced pepperoni
- Wooden Spoon
Close lid and move slider to AIR FRY/STOVETOP. Select SEAR/SAUTÉ and set to 4. Open lid and select START/STOP to begin preheating. Allow unit to preheat for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, place onion and olive oil in the pot. Cook for 2 minutes, then add salt, oregano, basil, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until onions are lightly browned and translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients, except mozzarella and pepperoni slices, to pot. Close lid and move slider to PRESSURE. Make sure the pressure release valve is in the SEAL position.
The temperature will default to HIGH, which is the correct setting. Set time to 6 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin cooking (the unit will build pressure for approx. 15 minutes before cooking begins).
When cooking is complete, naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes. Then quick release pressure by turning the pressure release valve to the VENT position. Move slider to AIR FRY/STOVETOP to unlock the lid, then carefully open it.
Stir the sauce with a wooden spoon, crushing tomatoes in the process.
Cover pasta mixture evenly with 3 cups shredded mozzarella. Lay pepperoni slices across mozzarella. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella over pepperoni slices.
Close crisping lid. Select AIR FRY, set temperature to 400°F, and set time to 5 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin cooking.
When cooking is complete, serve immediately.