Sweet, caramel-ly air fryer pineapple!
- 2 heaping cups sliced pineapple from approx. ½ small pineapple
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter or margarine melted, optional
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Optional Chili Lime Dip
- 3 tablespoons cashew cream or vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon lime juice approx. half a lime
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Peel, core and slice your pineapple and place about 2 heaping cups worth in a mixing bowl.
Combine the melted butter, maple syrup and cinnamon in a small bowl, then pour it over your pineapple slices. Mix gently to even coat the slices.
Then place them in a single layer (slightly overlapping is fine) in your fryer basket and air fry at 380 degrees F for 12-15 minutes, or until caramelized. Flip the pineapple once at the halfway point.
Enjoy warm or cold, as a side dish or dessert.
If making the chili lime dip, combine the 3 ingredients in a small bowl while your pineapple is cooking.
Don’t dump the pineapple slices into your fryer basket. Instead, spoon them in one at a time to avoid breaking them, and prevent excess liquid from dripping down below your basket and smoking.
Leftovers keep refrigerated in a sealed container for 2-3 days.