This quick roast chicken is a speedy Sunday time-saver – and perfect for when you fancy a midweek roast! Even better, you can throw everything into one roasting tin, saving time on the washing-up, too!
- 2 large fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 4 bacon medallions visible fat removed
- 2 Slimming World Free Food Pork Sausages available from Iceland stores, thawed slightly and halved
- 200 g Chantenay carrots halved or quartered lengthways if large (baby carrots or carrot batons work well too)
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 560 g can new potatoes drained, halved if large
- 150 g broccoli florets halved if large
- 125 g frozen peas
- 1 chicken stock pot
- Chopped fresh parsley to serve
Preheat your oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7 and put the thyme sprigs in a non-stick roasting tin.
Make a few deep cuts in each chicken breast, taking care not to cut all the way through (this will help them cook faster), and place on top of the thyme. Wrap a bacon medallion around each sausage piece and add these to the tin too, along with the carrots. Spray with low-calorie cooking spray and roast for 5 minutes.
Add the potatoes and broccoli to the tin, taking care not to crowd the chicken and sausages, and roast for another 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, put the peas in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Drain well, scatter around the roasting tin and return to the oven for another 10 minutes or until everything is cooked through.
Put the stock pot and 200ml boiling water in a heatproof jug and whisk to make a quick gravy.
Discard the thyme and pour the gravy over everything. Scatter over the parsley and serve hot.