- 2 cups almond flour
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon fine pink Himilayan salt (or regular salt)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (I like to use Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- (optional) 1/4 teaspoon celery seed (adds depth of flavor)
- fine pink Himilayan salt or regular salt to taste (about 1 teaspoon)
- ground pepper to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthum gum
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2/3 cup frozen peas and carrots
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
For the crust: In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, 6 tablespoons of softened butter, egg, and salt by hand or with a mixer. Stir in the shredded cheese.
Divide dough in half and spray four pieces of parchment paper with cooking spray. Place one ball of dough in between two pieces of parchment paper (with the sprayed side on the inside) and roll into a circle the size of a pie plate. Repeat with the other ball of dough with the remaining two pieces of parchment paper. Place sheets of dough in the fridge for about 5-10 minutes.
Take one sheet of dough and remove top layer of parchment. Flip over onto pie plate and peel off other layer. This doesn’t have to be perfect and you can press the dough to make sure it covers the plate. Bake the bottom layer for 6-8 minutes. Remove from oven.
Once mixture is combined reduce heat to low and sprinkle xanthum gum over the mixture and whisking in quickly. Keep stirring until mixture thickens. You can add more to thicken or more cream to thin out to your desired thickness.
Stir in shredded chicken and frozen peas and carrots.
Pour mixture into the bottom pie crust and top with remaining pie crust pressing the top and bottom crust together. This won’t be perfect. You can crimp the edges if desired.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crust is brown. You may need to cover the edges with a pie shield or foil half way through if they get too brown.
Let pie cool for 5 minutes before serving.
SERVING SIZE: 1/8
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 440 TOTAL FAT: 37.3g CARBOHYDRATES: 9.7g NET CARBOHYDRATES: 6g FIBER: 3.7g PROTEIN: 17.9g