Ingridient for Keto Cucumber Avocado salad
- 3 medium cucumbers, cut in half, lengthways and thin sliced
- 2 ripe, firm avocados, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- juice of 1 fresh squeezed lemon
- a small handful of fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
- In a small bowl whisk your yogurt, lemon juice, dill, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper.
- In a large glass bowl add cucumbers, avocado and red onions.
- Just before serving pour dressing over top and very gently toss to combine.
Quick tips keto diet
No fruit, unless it’s berries in moderation No wheat No sugar No grains No pasta No potatoes No rice No beans No starches No milk as it’s loaded with sugar.
( unsweetened almond milk, nut milk or heavy cream is recommended.) Meat, cheese, eggs, vegetable, nuts, and healthy fats. It’s simple. Stick to that, and you should be ok!Food items that should be avoided are :
Sweet potatoes Corn Peas Potatoes Carrots – can be used in moderation, Pasta Bread Rice Beans (legumes) They are full of starches and not recommended.
Do not forget your electrolytes, they are needed daily.A good form of electrolytes is: Pickle juice Pink Himalayan salt added to your food and water Mytoplex Strict keto – counts all macros, does not eat processed foods and no sugars at all Lazy keto – doesn’t track all macros, still eats processed foods, as long as they are on plan.