Delicious keto buns filled with spicy breakfast sausage, making this the perfect low-carb breakfast.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 363Kcal
- Servings: 6 Sausage Balls
- 5 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 12 oz ground breakfast sausage (pre-seasoned)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat a medium skillet to medium high heat.
- Divide the sausage into 6 and roll into balls. Add to the hot skillet and cook through. Set aside on a plate to cool.
- Add the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese to a microwave safe mixing bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Combine using a fork until evenly mixed.
- Add the almond flour and egg and combine as thoroughly as possible. If it does not combine well microwave for another 20 seconds.
- Switch to a spatula if necessary and combine. Pour the dough onto a piece of parchment paper. If it is not evenly combined use your hands to incorporate everything.
- Portion the dough out into 6 even balls.
- Flatten out each ball using your hands or roll it out with another piece of parchment on top (so there is no sticking) and place the cooked sausage in the center. Pull up the side and place the sausage ball, seam side down, on a lined baking sheet.
- Repeat until all 6 sausage balls are complete and on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until browned on top.
- Best stored in a air tight sealed container in the fridge up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories from Fat: 270
Fat: 30g (46%)
Carbohydrates: 3g (1%)
Fiber: 1g (4%)
Protein: 19g (38%)
Net Carb: 2g