You will love these keto Zucchini Fritters! Made with fresh zucchini, coconut flour and cheddar cheese, this delicious appetizer is only 2 net carbs each!
Prep time: 15 MINUTES
Cook time: 6 MINUTES
Total time: 21 MINUTES
- 3 cups shredded zucchini, dried and packed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- **Salt to taste AFTER cooking, if you add salt to the mixture itself it will release more moisture and be soggy.
- Shred the zucchini and place in a tea towel, fold the towel up and wring as much water out of the zucchini as you can. I do this at least two times.
- Place all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Allow the mixture to sit 5 minutes. Coconut flour absorbs a lot of moisture, so it needs a few minutes to soak everything up.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with just enough oil to cover the bottom nicely. Use a small (1.5 inch cookie scoop) carefully place the batter in the hot oil and flatten slightly. Allow the fritters to cook 2-3 minutes until golden brown, then flip.
Salt and pepper to taste after cooking, serve with lemon wedges if desired.
YIELD: 10 SERVING SIZE: Nutrition calculated per fritter
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 65 TOTAL FAT: 4g CHOLESTEROL: 62mg SODIUM: 71mg CARBOHYDRATES: 3.2g NET CARBOHYDRATES: 2g FIBER: 1.2g SUGAR: 1.6g PROTEIN: 4g