A homemade version of Macaroni Grill’s Pasta Milano. A creamy garlic and sundried tomato sauce, with chicken and mushrooms, over bowtie pasta.
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
- 1 pound chicken, cut into bit sized pieces
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (12 oz) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup half-and-half (or heavy cream)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 pound Farfalle, (bowtie pasta)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken, cook for 5-6 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
- Return pan to heat. Add mushrooms, onions, garlic, and sun dried tomatoes. Cook until onions are tender and the mushrooms are golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken back to the pan.
- In a 2 cup measuring cup combine half-and-half, butter, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, and basil. Pour over chicken and mushroom mixture. Bring to a simmer, stirring to combine. Cook for 3-4 minutes until everything is heated through.
- Add cooked pasta to the pan, and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately. Top with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
1Amount Per Serving Calories:623 Saturated Fat:10g Cholesterol:90mg Sodium:257mg Carbohydrates:67g Fiber:4g Sugar:6g Protein:30g