Slimming World’s classic chocolate mousse is a light and creamy pud that doesn’t miss out on flavour, only sugar – swapping it for sweetener
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 75g dark chocolate
- 3 medium eggs, separated
- 3-4 tbsp sweetener
- 2 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 2 tbsp brandy
- Fat-free natural fromage frais mixed with sweetener, to garnish
- 1 level tsp each of cocoa powder and chocolate vermicelli, to garnish
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a large, heatproof bowl. Sit the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water to melt the chocolate. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly at room temperature.
- Meanwhile whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until stiff, but not too dry.
- Whisk the egg yolks, sweetener, orange zest and brandy together then spoon into the melted chocolate, mixing well.
- Fold in the egg whites with a metal spoon until well combined. Divide this mixture between 4 individual ramekins or glasses and chill for around 4 hours or until set.