Pasta e Fagioli Instant Pot tastes even better than the restaurant version. This healthy Pasta Fagioli soup will warm your soul any day, loaded with protein packed beans, Italian sausage, tomatoes & an amazing bunch of seasonings.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 pound Italian Ground Pork Sausage **Use mild or spicy. You can use 1:1 ground beef : Sausage. 16 oz/454 g.
- 15 oz Great Northern Beans **Drained & rinsed. 439 g / 1 can.
- 15 oz Kidney Beans **Drained & rinsed. 439 g / 1 can.
- 14 oz Diced Tomatoes **with juices. I used Diced tomatoes with basil, oregano & garlic. 1 can / 411 g.
- 8 oz tomato sauce **226 g / 1 can.
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste **diluted in about 4 tbsp water.
- 1 cup onion **roughly chopped. Use yellow or white onion.
- 1.5 tbsp garlic **minced
- ¾ cup carrot **roughly cubed
- ¾ cup celery **roughly chopped. About 2 sticks.
- 1 cup Ditalini Pasta **you can use small elbow or shell pasta. Use ¾ cups in that case.
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt (to taste) **use according to taste.
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp oregano **dried from the bottle.
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning **dried from the bottle.
- 1.5 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes **skip if heat intolerant. Use 1.5 tsp if you love spicy food.
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups chicken stock **Use 7-7.5 cups for thinner soup. I used 4 better than bouillon cubes diluted in hot water.
- Parsley **fresh flat leaf parsley chopped, use handful.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil **drizzle the soup.
- Parmesan Cheese **grated. I did not use any
- Ground Black Pepper
Set the Instant Pot on SAUTE & set it on HIGH heat. Add oil. When the oil becomes hot gently release the ground meat and saute the meat until nicely browned. Stir frequently with a spatula.
Once, the meat is well browned add the chopped onion & garlic and saute for about a minute.
Now, throw in the chopped carrots and celery and give everything a good stir. Saute for another minute.
Pour Stock. De-glaze the pot very well scraping the sides & the bottom of the pot with the help of a spatula. This will loosen any stuck food particles and prevent the BURN error.
Next, add all the seasonings like paprika, oregano, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes & salt. Give eveything in the pot a good stir.
Add the tomatoes, canned beans (rinsed and drained), pasta. Give eveything in the pot a very good mix.
CANCEL the SAUTE function. Close the lid of the Instant Pot. Seal the Valve and PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for just 4 minutes. The pressure will take some time to build because it’s a large quantity soup.
Once, the Pressure cooking cycle is over the Instant Pot will begin to beep. Immediately perform a quick pressure release (QPR) by manually moving the valve from the SEALING to the VENTING position. Open the lid carefully.
The amazing wholesome Instant Pot Pasta e Fagioli is ready. You need to serve the soup almost immediately because the longer the pasta sits in the soup the more it get’s over cooked & turn mushy.
Garnish with some chopped fresh parsley, crushed black pepper, grated parmesan and drizzles of extra virgin olive oil. Dig in!
Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 465mg | Potassium: 992mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2468IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 5mg