Air Fryer blueberry cheesecake Chimichangas is a very simple and delicious dish.
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 6 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 6 minutes
- 2 (8-inch) soft flour Tortillas.
- 4 oz cream cheese (half a block), softened at room temperature.
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
- 2 teaspoons of powdered sugar (can use granulated sugar). Or to taste.
- ½ cup fresh blueberries. Can sub for frozen blueberries or a fruit filling of your choice.
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil for brushing. Or spray oil. I love this Ghee oil spray.
- In a medium bowl mix cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, and blueberries until it gets creamy and well combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly between two tortillas and add it to the lower part of each tortilla (see picture).
- Add a few more blueberries to the center of the cream cheese mixture, if desired.
- Fold the sides of each tortilla towards the center and then roll up the tortilla tight into a burrito shape.
- Secure the end of the tortilla with the toothpick (optional and if needed).
- Brush each burrito with oil, coating all sides evenly. You may want to choose to spray with oil instead. I use Ghee spray oil and then spread it evenly with the help of an OXO food basting brush.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F/190 degrees C for a minute.
- Lay the cream cheese-filled burritos onto an air fryer basket/tray, lightly greased or sprayed with oil.
- Air fry mode (air crisp) for 6 minutes, flipping halfway. Once you flip the burrito to the other side, be sure to brush/spray the other side with oil again. Or cook until the tortilla is golden in color and crispy.
- Now place them on the plate and let them cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Note: the creamy filling is very hot. Let them cool to the desired temperature so no one is burning their tongue.
- I like to cut the chimichangas in half so they cool faster. You may choose to cut it in halves or quarters.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (or cinnamon sugar), serve and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Air fryer cheesecake Chimichangas.
- All air fryers are different. I use my Cuisinart. It’s an oven-type air fryer. If you have a smaller air fryer or a different one, your blueberry stuffed tortillas may need a little more or less time.
- Watch carefully! I like to check on Chimichangas often (especially once you turn them); to make sure they are not overcooking. Many foods in the air fryer can go from “almost done” to “burned” in a matter of minutes, sometimes seconds.
- It is best to be eaten fresh. Although if you put the leftovers in the fridge uncovered, they remain crispy.
- To reheat the leftover chimichangas, set the air fryer to 350F/177C and air fry for 1-2 minutes per side.
- My whole family loves these delicious tortilla wraps, filled with cream cheese and fresh blueberries.
- You can use the smaller size tortillas, like mini tortillas for this blueberry cream cheese-filled dessert. Spoon one or two teaspoons and roll them into a burrito shape. No need to close the sides. These mini blueberry chimichangas are great for a party. Drizzle with chocolate on top and garnish with fresh berries. Your Chimichangas are ready for the party and your guests will be obsessed.