Air Fryer Lobster Tail With Lemon Garlic Butter is an effortless, elegant meal that can be made in less than 10 minutes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
- 2 4-6oz Lobster Tails
Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt, plus more as to taste
Butterfly The Lobster Tails. Start by cutting the top hard shell of the lobster tail lengthwise through the center with kitchen shears. Do not cut all the way through the bottom of the shell. Spread the shells apart. Using your fingers, gently pull the meat from the inside of the shell and place it on top. Be sure to remove any veins and visible dirt.
Prepare the Garlic Butter Mixture. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter, then add the garlic, seasonings, lemon juice, and fresh parsley. Pour half of the mixture into a small dish and set aside for later.
Cook The Lobster. Season the lobster with salt and pepper to taste. Then, Coat BOTH SIDES of the lobster with the lemon garlic butter sauce. Then place the lobster in the air fryer. Cook at 380°F for 4 minutes. Then, baste the lobster meat with more garlic butter sauce and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes. The lobster will be white, golden, and tender when done.
Serve: Serve the lobster with fresh lemon wedges and a side of the reserved lemon garlic butter sauce
- Do Not Cut all the way through the bottom of the lobster shell.
- Clean and devein the lobster before cooking.
- If using frozen lobster, make sure to thaw them first before cooking.
- Cook time varies depending on the size of the lobster. Generally, 6-8 minutes works for most 4-6oz lobster tails. The meat should be white, tender, and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part should read at least 140*F when done.
- If you do not have an air fryer, you can make your lobster tail in the oven. Simply preheat the oven to broil. Then, place the lobster on a baking sheet and cook for 5-10 minutes, basting halfway through.