Air Fryer Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms are super easy and delicious to make with this recipe.
- 1 pound Italian sausage or ground beef
- ¼ onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- ⅓ cup mozzarella shredded
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese shredded
In a large saucepan cook the sausage, garlic, onion, and pepper until tender. Add tomato sauce and let simmer for 10 minutes or until thick.
Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
Scoop out the gills of the mushrooms and wash with cold water. Dry thoroughly and drizzle with olive oil.
Place mushrooms in the air fryer basket and cook cap side up for 5 minutes.
Once done flip mushrooms over and evenly fill with the sausage filling.
Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese, cook for 8-10 minutes or until mushroom is cooked and cheese is melted.
- Mushrooms get soggy so clean them with a spritz of water, and dry with a paper towel, or brush with a damp paper towel.
- Gills and stems can be used in the sauce for extra flavor.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Set the air fryer at 400°F and reheat for 4 minutes.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 467kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 17g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 1389mg | Potassium: 1027mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 799IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 3mg