Keto doughnuts make a fantastic sugar-free breakfast or low-carb snack. These healthy baked keto donuts are soft, moist, and perfectly sweet.
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 2/3 cup erythritol sweetener, like Swerve
- 6 eggs, large
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s erythritol
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp heavy cream, or more as necessary
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a donut pan with non-stick spray.
Make the donuts:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, and sweetener. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, melted butter, and vanilla until smooth. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the donut cavities, filling 3 ∕ 4 of the way full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Make the glaze:
- In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter, sweetener, and cocoa powder. Stir in 2 tbsp heavy cream to create a “pourable” consistency. Adjust the consistency with more heavy cream as necessary.
Top the donuts:
- Either dip the top halves of the donuts in the bowl of glaze, or drizzle the glaze over the top of the donuts.
Make ahead tip: You can freeze the baked donuts for up to 2 months. Freeze them unglazed.
See additional tips for keto donuts in the post above!
YIELD: 12 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: | CALORIES: 154 | TOTAL FAT: 14g | SATURATED FAT: 8g | TRANS FAT: 0g | UNSATURATED FAT: 6g | CHOLESTEROL: 121mg | SODIUM: 88mg | CARBOHYDRATES: 3g | FIBER: 2g | SUGAR: 1g | PROTEIN: 4g |