PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 50 minutes
- 1 large chicken thigh (approx 100g/3.5oz) (skin and visible fat removed), cut with scissors into thin strips
- handful of beansprouts
- handful of broccoli slaw mix (if you can’t get this, use some finely shredded cabbage and carrot)
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- light soy sauce
- black pepper
- Cooking oil spray
- 6 egg roll wraps (wonton wrappers) – you should find these in your local Oriental market
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f
- Spray a frying pan with some cooking oil spray
- Add the garlic and ginger and chicken thigh and cook until browned.
- Add the beansprouts and broccoli slaw mix and stir fry for a few minutes, add a little light soy sauce and some black pepper.
- Get one egg roll wrap
- Add some of your mixture to the centre and fold in the corners like below
- Fold one of the points right up across (like an unsealed envelope)and then fold over the other point, to make a spring roll. Slightly wet the point with some water, to seal.
- Repeat with remaining spring rolls, spray a baking tray with some Frylight or Pam spray.
- Add the spring rolls, and spray over the top with some more frylight or Pam spray
- Bake in the oven for approx 20 mins (turning over half way through cooking time).
- You can add various other fillings to these, such as pork, shrimp, tofu, quorn etc.
- These are also great served with some sweet chilli sauce
This recipe is Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy – 3 per spring roll
- WW Smart Points – 2 per spring roll