Thick and creamy, flavorful Chocolate Protein Shake, filled with protein powder, cocoa, banana, and almond (or peanut) butter. This protein shake is good enough to pass for a healthy milkshake.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop (1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (32g)) chocolate protein powder use a good-quality brand
- 1 tablespoon Dutch-process cocoa powder (Hershey’s Special Dark works well)
- 1/2 cup frozen banana Note 1
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 8 ice cubes
- Optional: sweetener to taste Note 2
IN ADVANCE: Remove the peel from the banana, slice into large coins, place in a plastic bag, and freeze.
BLEND: Combine all of the ingredients into a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth and the ingredients are all incorporated. If needed, stir everything up and blend again. If you don’t have a high-powered blender, you may need an additional 1/4 cup milk.
ENJOY: Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Note 1: Bananas: When bananas are quite ripe, cut them up in coins and then put them in a small ziplock bag. Freeze overnight or until completely solid.
Note 2: Protein powder: Depending on the protein powder you use (some are sweetened with stevia) you may want some additional sweetener in your shake. I often use a few drops of stevia or some maple syrup or honey. Add to personal preference.