This garlic mushroom pasta recipe is easy to make and incredibly delicious! The garlic butter parmesan sauce is freshened up with a touch of lemon and parsley.
- 4 ounces uncooked pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 7 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or veg broth or white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice + zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
Boil a salted pot of water and cook the pasta al dente according to package directions.
Meanwhile, prep your ingredients.
Add the oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the onions and mushrooms. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until the water has been released from the mushrooms & cooked off and everything gets a good sear and is browned/caramelized (this gives a ton of flavor). It’ll take 8-10 minutes or possibly a bit longer.
Stir in the rest of the butter, plus the garlic and Dijon mustard. Cook for about a minute.
Add in the broth and lemon juice + zest, and let it bubble for about a minute or so.
Take the pan off the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese and parsley. Add a splash of the hot pasta water prior to draining the pasta (a couple tablespoons) and then toss the pasta with the sauce. Season with salt & pepper as needed and serve immediately.
- You could stretch this recipe to feed 4 people (just add more pasta) if you’re serving it with something else. This recipe can be easily doubled, but the mushrooms and onions will likely take longer to properly sear since there will be more in the pan.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 574kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 668mg | Potassium: 706mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1078IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 332mg | Iron: 2mg