Weight Watchers Lasagna only has 8 Weight Watchers Points!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 2 celery sticks diced
- 1 zucchini peeled and diced
- ½ medium sweet yellow onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1 pound ground chuck chicken or turkey
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 ounce can, UNDRAINED
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 5 Barilla Oven-Ready lasagna sheets broken roughly into 8-12 pieces
- 1 cup Mozzarella Pearls, optional
- 1 1/2 cups non-fat shredded Italian Cheese Blend
- ½ cup fresh basil coarsely chopped, plus extra to serve
In a large, oven-proof skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat. Sauté the carrots and celery for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the diced onion and zucchini and sauté approximately 3-4 minutes or until onions are translucent and zucchini has softened.
Add the garlic and thyme, stir, and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the beef and cook 2-4 minutes or until beef has browned. Stir to break up any chunks of meat.
Stir in tomatoes, 1-cup water and tomato paste.
Do a taste test, and season, to taste, with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Bring the mixture to boil.
Add the pasta pieces and mozzarella pearls and stir.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, covered 10 minutes.
Remove lid and cook 5-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
Turn oven to broil.
Top the beef mixture with the Italian Cheese Blend and broil just until cheese has melted and top is golden brown.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped fresh basil.
Serve with side salad and oven-toasted, buttery crostini.
Calories: 470kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 252mg | Potassium: 717mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3990IU | Vitamin C: 19.6mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 3.9mg