Keto Almond Joy Cookies. As a kid, were you a fan of Almond Joy bars ? I mean with that chewy sweet coconut centre and the delicious chocolate coating…
Well, I sure was. Actually one of my favourite low-carb protein bars is the Almond Coconut Built Bar as I’ve always been a fan of anything almond and coconut.
For these babies, that’s where the idea came from.
I’m so happy with this recipe..
–Almond & Coconut Flour For this recipe, I use this brand of coconut flour and the Kirkland Costco brand of almond flour. The brand of almond and coconut flour can affect the final outcome of the recipe as I’ve noted in many of my past recipes because depending on how the flour has been processed, absorbency can vary .
- 3/4 cup almond flour 85g
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp coconut flour 70g
- 1/2 tsp salt
- (shredded coconut 60g)1/2 cup unsweetened,
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup salted butter softened, 180g
- (~100g)1/2 cup powdered monkfruit/erythritol sweetener
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- ONE tsp almond extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup stevia sweetened chocolate-chips
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp stevia sweetened chocolate-chips 90g
- 1 tsp coconut oil 5g
- 2-3 tbsp unsweetened, shredded coconut 30-45g
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F.
- (including coconut)Combine all of your dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add your butter, eggs, extracts and sweetener in another large bowl. Beat until it gets well-combined.
- To your wet, add your dry ingredients and combine.
- Fold in your chocolate-chips.
- In your hands, roll tablespoon size balls of dough and place on a sheet(greased cookie).
- Each ball of dough, partially flatten , add your almond and on the tops, sprinkle coconut .
- Bake for ~8min, then on broil, place the oven , high, to crisp up the coconut on top, for 1 min .
- From the oven, remove and before trying to remove from the tray, let cool completely .
- On a wire rack, place the cooled cookies on top of a cookie sheet and in a small microwavable bowl, combine your coconut oil and chocolate .
- Until it gets melted, microwave in 30s increments and over the tops of each cookie, drizzle melted chocolate .
- In the fridge, place the cookies to fully set.
- You can store them in a ziplock bag In the freezer, once cookies have set. Either way they are delicious so eat them warm or cold ! (I actually prefer them cold!)
- 1.6 NET carbs per cookies
- Cookies will set! Before removing from baking sheet/topping, let them cool fully . To bake them longer, do not be tempted !
Fiber: 3.6g |
Calories: 110kcal |
Fat: 10g |
Protein: 2.4g |