This is a to-die-for dessert. Keto or not you will love this carrot cake with creamiest of frostings. It is this guiltfree indulgence that helps make Keto easy healthy and delicious.
Servings : 12 slices
Calories : 418kcal
8 Inch Pan
- 5 Eggs Room Temperature
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Allulose *to taste. We are not fans of overly sweet cake but you can test the batter. Erythritol will not add any carbs or calories. GRANULATED
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots
- 8 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup Butter Softened
- 1/4 cup Powdered Allulose * We used 1/4 cup as we do not like overly sweet frosting. But you can use as much as you like. POWDERED
- 4 tbsp Heavy Cream *add one tablespoon at a time until fluffy. See post.
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 8 inch cake pans with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, beat the wet ingredients together until uniform.
Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl until incorporated. Add the dry ingredients slowly into the wet mixture and mix until combined. Don’t over mix or your cake will be dense.
Fold the carrots into the batter until just combined.
Pour the batter evenly into the two pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Let cake cool inside pan for 15 – 30 minutes and then invert onto cooling racks. While cake is cooling prepare the frosting.
Cream the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add the sweetener and mix in until smooth. Add in the vanilla continuing to mix. Add in the heavy cream a little at a time until frosting is nice and fluffy.
Let cake cool completely.
Spread the frosting on the top of the bottom layer. Place top layer on top of it. Spread the rest of the frosting on the sides. Sprinkle with coconut if desired.
Refrigerate finished cake for at least 1 hour and store leftovers in the fridge.
The nutrition info is based on cutting the cake into 12 even sized pieces.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 41g | Sodium: 364mg | Fiber: 3g | Net Carbs: 5g | Fat Ratio per Serving: 88.28% | Protein Ratio per Serving: 7.66% | Carb Ratio per Serving: 4.78%