The best keto chocolate chip cookies ever! This sugar-free low carb chocolate chip cookies recipe needs only 6 ingredients & 10 minutes prep.
- 1/2 cup Butter (softened; can use coconut oil for dairy-free, but flavor and texture will be different) *
- 1/2 cup Besti Allulose (recommended for soft cookies, but erythritol will work for crisper ones)
1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Blackstrap molasses (optional, but recommended for best flavor)
- 2 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum (optional, but recommended for best texture)
- 1/2 cup Sugar-free dark chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat together the butter and sweetener, until it’s fluffy and light in color.
Beat in the egg, vanilla extract, and blackstrap molasses, if using. Beat in the almond flour, 1/2 cup (118 mL) at a time.
If using xanthan gum, sprinkle (don’t dump) it over the cookie dough, then beat in using the hand mixer.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Use a medium cookie scoop to drop rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Flatten each cookie to about 1/3 in (.8 cm) thick. (You can make them thicker or thinner to your liking. Keep in mind they only spread a little and don’t thin out during baking, so make them as thin as you want them when done.)
Bake for about 12 minutes, until the edges are golden. (Time will vary based on your oven and thickness of your cookies.) Allow to cool completely in the pan before handling.
Serving size: 1 cookie (~2 1/4 inch diameter)
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Calories: 140 | Fat: 13g | Total Carbs: 5g | Net Carbs: 2g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 4g