Dive into guilt free heaven with these ultra creamy Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Bars. The strawberries can be swapped for raspberries or blueberries!
Servings: 9 bars
- 1 cup diced strawberries *see note 3
- 1 tbsp monk fruit erythritol sweetener
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 x 8oz full fat cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup powdered erythritol monk fruit sweetener *see note 2
- ½ cup full fat sour cream room temperature
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tbsp golden monk fruit sweetener
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
Lemon Juicer and Zester
8×8” Baking Dish
Avocado or Olive Oil Spray
Cutting Board and Knife
Stand Mixer or Electric Hand Blender
Combine the diced strawberries with lemon zest, lemon juice and sweetener in a saucepan and heat on medium high. The strawberries will start to release juices and eventually will come to a boil. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook for 8 minutes.
Use an immersion blender to puree the sauce until smooth, then set aside to cool to room temperature.
Heat oven to 325° and line an 8×8″ pan with parchment paper. Spray with oil and set aside. Chop whole almonds into a fine crumble.
Melt butter and place into a medium bowl. Add almond flour, chopped almonds, cinnamon, sukrin gold and a pinch of sea salt. Mix well then press evenly into the bottom prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes then set aside to cool.
Add the cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer and using the paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese until all the lumps are gone. Scrape the bowl then mix in the powdered monk fruit erythritol sweetener.
Stir in the sour cream, then the eggs one at a time, lemon juice and vanilla, scraping the bowl after each addition. Pour into the baking pan, over top of the prepared crust.
Scrape the strawberry sauce into a piping bag. Either draw vertical lines of strawberry sauce onto the cheesecake and run a knife or chopstick back and forth horizontally, or pipe blobs of strawberry sauce all over the cheesecake and swirl it back and forth with a chopstick or knife.
Place the pan in the preheated oven on the center rack and bake for 30-35 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when the edges are puffy and have started to crack. The center of the cheesecake will still be slightly jiggly *see note 5.
Turn the oven off, leaving the cheesecake inside the oven. Prop the door open just a crack with a wooden spoon. Let the cheesecake rest inside the oven for 1 hour, then refrigerate for several hours or overnight *see note 6.
Slice into 9 bars and enjoy!
- We use Lakanto’s golden monk fruit sweetener in the crust because it tastes just like brown sugar.
- A powdered sweetener is used in the cheesecake to give it an extra creamy texture – my favourite is Lakanto’s classic monk fruit sweetener. Grind it in a clean coffee grinder for a moment or two to create powdered sweetener!
- These Keto Cheesecake Bars would also be delicious with raspberries, blueberries or blackberries. Simply replace the strawberries with the equivalent amount of berry you choose. Leave everything else the same, including the lemon. If you decide to go with raspberry or blackberry, strain the seeds out of the sauce while it is still warm.
- It is really important to start with room temperature ingredients. If you combine cold ingredients with room temperature ingredients, they won’t combine properly which would leave lumps in your Keto Strawberry Cheesecake, or you would have to whip the mixture for so long that it would create lots of air bubbles.
- Be careful not to over bake the cheesecake. The edges will look puffy and just begin to crack. The center will be jiggly.
- Don’t try to remove the Keto Cheesecake Bars until they have properly cooled, because they will most likely fall apart.
- These low carb cheesecake bars are very filling! Having company over or taking these to a potluck? Try cutting them into quarters after you have cut them into 9 so that they go further!
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
* Net carb count excludes both fibre and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 21.4g | Protein: 8.5g | Fat: 34.8g | Sodium: 200mg | Fiber: 2.2g | Sugar Alcohols: 13.3g | Net Carbs: 5.9g