These Keto Strawberry Cheesecake cups are really delightful. The sweetness of the strawberries and the creamy sweetness of cheesecake in these darling little cups makes for an elegant little dessert.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chilling time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Servings: 10 cups
- 2 cups strawberries frozen or fresh, chopped plus a few extra strawberries for garnish
- 1 tbsp Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener or sweetener of choice, powdered
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy cream room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener or sweetener of choice, powdered
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
In a small bowl mash the strawberries with a fork. Leave the strawberry mixture chunky. Mix in sweetener and lemon juice, then set aside.
In a separate clean bowl using a hand mixer whip together 2 cups heavy cream, sweetener, cream cheese and lemon juice. Whip continuously until mixture thickens to a very thick consistency.
In 10 small cups (glass jars or ramekins) using half the strawberry mixture spoon in a small layer of strawberry into the bottom of each cup. The spoon equal amounts of the cheesecake mixture into each of the cups on top of the first layer of strawberry mixture. With the second half of the strawberry mixture gently and beautifully spoon equal amounts of strawberry over the cheesecake layer.
Garnish with sliced strawberry and lemon zest. Refrigerate and serve cold.
* a note on the sweetener and why it’s necessary to POWDER your low carb sweetener. Sugar alcohols like erythritol tend to stay granular or re-crystalize as they cool. By running your granular sugar alcohol through a clean coffee grinder and making it into a powder you less the re-crystalization of the sweetener.
I actually do not mind the texture of the re-crystalized sugar alcohol, but some people are bothered by the crunch in their teeth. Mind you it all tastes the same. Please let me know if you need any other tips on baking with sugar alcohols.
**Garnish with lemon zest or basil leaves is totally optional…but beautiful
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 91mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1005IU | Vitamin C: 14.1mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 0.2mg