A Basic, Foolproof, best Knead Bread recipe, anyone can make this! It comes out just perfect every time!!
Servings: 12 Slices
- 3 cups – Bread Flour
- 1 1/4 tsp – Active Dry Yeast
- 1 1/4 tsp – Salt
- 1 tsp – Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup – Lukewarm water You may need 1 – 2 tablespoon extra to get perfect shaggy dough
- 2 tbsp – Fresh Rosemary plus for garnishing
- 1/4 cup – Extra Virgin Olive oil
Take Luke warm water in a large bowl, add sugar and yeast. Stir once, cover it and let it rest for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, the yeast water should look frothy.
Now take flour, oil, rosemary and salt in a big bowl. Mix well. Add yeast water little at a time. You may not require all the yeast water, depending on the quality of the flour. So I highly recommend, add water slowly. GIve it a quick stir until blended and all the flour is incorporated. The dough should be rough, shaggy and sticky.
Line the bottom of the instant pot bowl with parchment up the sides. Spray parchment with oil.
Place the dough in the prepared pot, close the lid and press the yogurt button on the Normal Setting. Set the time for 4 Hours. After 4 hours you will notice the dough is dotted with bubbles and has risen more than double in size.
Preheat oven @450 degree F. Place a Dutch oven (I used 3.5-quart size) in the oven to preheat it as well.
Scatter some flour on another piece of parchment paper, remove the dough from an instant pot and parchment paper(the one we used in instant pot) and flip the dough onto the floured Parchment paper. Shape the dough on parchment paper into a tight ball. (I forgot to use the parchment paper). Shaping the dough into a round tight loaf on a parchment paper makes it easier to place the bread in the Dutch oven and take out the bread from the Dutch Oven.
Sprinkle some Rosemary on the dough, Cover it with a towel for about 30 minutes.
Now carefully remove the hot Dutch oven from the oven. Remove the lid and Gently put the dough ball into the Dutch oven.
Sprinkle a light coating of flour over the top.
Take a sharp knife and slash the bread 2 to 3 times, making a cut about ½ inch deep. You can skip this step as well.
Put the lid on and pop it in the oven for 30 minutes. After that remove the lid and bake it 10 to 15 minutes more without lid @450 degree F, on the middle rack. (30 minutes lid on and 10 to 15 minute without the lid, total 40 to 45 minutes).
Remove the loaf and let it cool on a rack before slicing. to keep it warm, cover with a towel.
Enjoy Instant Pot Olive Oil Rosemary No Knead Bread with NEW Land O Lakes Soft Squeez Spread and soup!!
- If you don’t have Instant Pot, You can still make this bread. But you have to let the dough for 18 hours in a warm place. The rest of the recipe will be the same.
- Use bread flour for the best result.
- Check the expiration of Active dry yeast.
- Check the water temperature before adding the yeast. The perfect water temperature is 110 to 115.
You can make bread without a Dutch oven too.
- Use covered metal pot – The metal pot should have a cover and should have an ability to stand up to 500 degrees F heat.
- Pot covered with foil – If you don’t have lids for your pots, cut a square of heavy-duty aluminum foil and seal the pot after placing the dough.
- Oven safe Casserole Dish works fine as well. Just read the instruction and make sure it’s safe up to 500 degrees F. temperatures.
So Add-ons | Variations
- Roasted Garlic,
- Jalapeno and Cheddar Cheese
- Basil and Pine nuts
- Walnuts and Chocolate Chips
- Caramelized Onions,
- Four cheese,
- Olive oil,
- Cranberry and pecan bread, etc.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 244mg | Potassium: 35mg | Vitamin A: 10IU | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.3mg