Today I’m going to be sharing a recipe that takes a keto style cheesecake and adds a classic candy pairing into the mix — chocolate and peanut butter.
Prep Time:25 minutes
Total Time:25 minutes
For the crust:
1 ½ cups almond flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
¼ cup granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
2 ½ oz butter, melted
For the filing:
16 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
½ cup granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup cold heavy cream
1 tbsp powder gelatin
¼ cold water
1 oz sugar free dark chocolate, melted
1 tbsp chopped peanuts
- Lightly grease a 9″ springform pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To make the crust, add the almond flour, cocoa powder, sweetener and melted butter in a food processor and process on the S blade until a sticky mixture has formed.
- Press the mixture firmly and evenly against the bottom of the cake pan.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Stir until the gelatin is fully incorporated and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Microwave on high for 20 seconds or until the gelatin is dissolved and liquid. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese, vanilla and sweetener in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Mix on medium-low speed until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the peanut butter and beat until well combined.
- Scrape down the beater and the sides of the bowl with a spatula then switch to the whisk attachment.
- Pour in the heavy cream.
- Mix at low speed to combine, then increase to high and whip until soft peaks form.
- Reduce the speed to medium and slowly drizzle the warm gelatin into the bowl.
- Increase the mixer speed to high and beat until the mixture forms firm peaks.
- Pour the filing over the cake base and smooth with spatula.
- Refrigerate for minimum 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, take the cheesecake out of the refrigerator.
- Unmold the cake, drizzle with melted chocolate and decorate with chopped peanuts.
- Slice and serve.