- 1/4 cup protein powder 32-34 grams
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon granulated sweetener of choice * See notes
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder adjust to desired chocolate content
- 1 large egg Can sub for 1/4 cup egg whites OR 1 flax egg
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips optional
Grease a small cereal bowl or deep mug and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine the protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder, granulated sweetener and cocoa powder and mix well.
In a separate bowl, whisk the egg with the milk and pour into the dry mixture and mix until fully incorporated. Top with chocolate chips if desired.
Microwave for 60 seconds and remove from microwave and enjoy immediately.
Pour batter in an oven safe dish and bake for 10-12 minutes on 180 degrees celsius for 10-12 minutes, until desired consistency.
For a more moist and fudgy cake, remove it from the microwave/oven earlier. For a muffin-like cake, you can cook it slightly longer.
STORAGE: Mug cakes are best enjoyed fresh, but can be stored for up to 2 days in the fridge, covered.