Looking for a delicious dessert to make in your air fryer? Try these apple turnovers! Deliciously soft cinnamon apples baked inside flaky puffed pastry.
For Stewed Cinnamon Apples
- 2 Apples (I use Pink Lady), skin removed and diced
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 sheet Frozen Puff Pastry
- 1 Egg, lightly whisked into an egg wash
Optional to Serve
- Thickened Cream, whipped
- Cook Stewed Cinnamon Apples following the instructions in this post. Place on a plate and allow to cool slightly.
- Remove puff pastry sheet from the freezer and allow to thaw partially. Then cut the sheet into 4 squares and brush the edges of each square with the egg.
- Spoon apples into the centre of each puff pastry square, then fold the pastry over from corner to corner into a triangle shape and seal the edges together with a fork.
- Brush the tops of each turnover with the egg, then place two turnovers in the air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes on 180C / 350F or until golden brown. Repeat to cook the remaining turnovers.
- Serve as is, or with thickened cream.
Tips for making Air Fryer Apple Turnovers
- There’s no need to preheat the air fryer for these apple turnovers.
- If your air fryer isn’t non-stick I’d suggest lightly spraying the bottom of your basket before adding the turnovers.
- You can skip the egg wash but it does make the turnovers more golden and shiny.
- If you have a single basket air fryer you’ll need to cook these turnovers in two batches. If you have trays or a trivet attachment, cook all at once.
- To cook in the oven simply put the turnovers on a lined baking tray in a preheated oven (180C / 350F) for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- You can freeze uncooked apple turnovers to bake later. This is especially handy if you have a smaller air fryer, as a batch will make you 4 turnovers, and most smaller air fryers will only bake 2 at a time. Cook 2 now, freeze 2 for later!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days.
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 154 TOTAL FAT: 8g SATURATED FAT: 3g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 4g CHOLESTEROL: 101mg SODIUM: 57mg CARBOHYDRATES: 18g FIBER: 3g SUGAR: 11g PROTEIN: 4g