These creamy parmesan chicken meatballs are an easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love. They’re a great keto friendly option as well!
- 2lbs ground chicken
- 1.5 cup parsley, chopped
- 1.5 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 garlics cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1.5 cup binder (see note 1)
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 5-6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 16oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8oz cream cheese
- 1.5 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- Combine all the ingredients for meatballs and mix well. Roll the mixture into balls and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. (see note 2)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake the meatballs in preheated oven for 17-18 minutes, till the internal temperature reaches 165°F. You can broil them for the last couple of minutes to get a little color.
- White meatballs are baking, melt the butter in a skillet or pan and sauté mushrooms till soft. Add in garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add in chicken stock along with Worcestershire sauce, cook for a minute. Add in cubed cream cheese and whisk it till the cream cheese gets dissolved in the sauce. You can use two spoons to break them smooth, then whisk. Add in parmesan cheese and stir into a smooth sauce. Stir in parsley and cook till the sauce thickens up. (see note 3)
- Once meatballs are baked, add them into the sauce and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
1. Combine all the ingredients for the meatballs and roll them into balls.
2. Add chicken stock along with Worcestershire sauce to the crockpot, spread the cut mushrooms and garlic in crock. Arrange cream cheese cut into cubes and sprinkle parmesan cheese and parsley all over. Layer the meatballs on top.
3. Cook 3-4 hours on High or 6-7 hours on Low till meatballs are cooked and reach internal temperature 165°F. Remove meatballs to a plate and mix the sauce well with spoon. Return the meatballs back in. Garnish with parsley.
Instant Pot Method
1. Combine all meatballs ingredients and roll them into balls.
2. Start instant pot and select SAUTE mode. Add in butter and sauté mushrooms till soft. Add in garlic and sauté for a minute. Add in chicken stock along with Worcestershire sauce, cubed cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and parsley. Place in the meatballs. Secure the lid. Select MANUAL and cook on high pressure for 6-7 minutes.
3. Select CANCEL to turn off device. Allow pressure to natural release. Once pressure pin drops, open lid. Remove the meatballs and whisk the sauce till smooth. Return the meatballs back in and garnish with parsley.
1. You can use binders like breadcrumbs or bread slices soaked in milk. For low carb options, use almond meal or ground pork rinds.
3. If the sauce becomes too thick, you can always add little more chicken stock. If it’s too thin, you can simmer it a little longer.
Yield: 8 Serving Size:1
Amount Per Serving \ Calories: 575 | Total Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Trans Fat: 1g | Unsaturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 242mg | Sodium: 1476mg | Carbohydrates: 14g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 44g |